<VV> Not Getting Stranded

Jim Davis jld at wk.net
Mon Nov 3 10:04:48 EST 2014

Some of us have lost the teeth on two cam gears.  First was on rural
US-52 just outside of Misenheimer, NC.  Walked back to Pfeiffer College
and called a tow truck from Salisbury who towed me to my Grandfathers
farm (in-between Salisbury and Mooresville) where I rebuilt the engine.
This was in my 1965 Corsa convert which at the time had just turned over
255,000 miles.

Second was on I-90 about 6 mile east of Worthington, MN.  Only about
44,000 miles on the UltraVan engine.  I was only 11 years ago so I
called Good Sam on the cell and was towed to the Round Lake Campground.
I hitched a ride into Worthington rented a car, drove 900 miles home and
picked up a spare engine from my shop. It took me about six hours to
swap the engine and all the sheet metal.  Finished the planned trip and
circled back to Round Lake to pick up the broken engine and headed for
home.  The trip was 28 days instead of the scheduled 24 days.
Jim Davis