<VV> Not Getting Stranded

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 12:33:13 EST 2014

Jay, I saw this in a aircraft engine once. It was a 6 cylinder engine and
the crank broke so the forward 4 cylinders were powering the propeller, and
the back two cylinders were turning the oil pump, cam, fuel pump and
magnetos. The pilot said all he noticed was a bang and reduced power but
landed the airplane OK.
As long as all cylinders get fuel and spark the engine could stay running
as long as the driver kept the rpms relatively in sync between the two
sections of crank.
Mark Durham Hauser Idaho
62 Coupe Red/Red