<VV> stranded

hank kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Nov 3 19:13:34 EST 2014

At least you can drive it on and off the trailer.  In 1988 I went to the
All-Chevy Show at Chevrolet Tonawanda. (only 3 blocks from Mom's house where
I was living for a year while wifey was at sea).   Saw a very nice 69 Monza
HT.  Not ultra low mileage but you could tell very original as to paint,
etc.  At the end of the show they PUSHED it into an enclosed trailer.  When
I asked why not drive it on, he said he couldn't.  It would puke oil and
fluids from everywhere.  it was ALL original, right down to pushrod tube
seals, oil pan gasket, etc.  I said "What do you do with it when you're not
showing it"?   Oh, it sits inside this trailer in the driveway.  Now more
than most I appreciate a car that is an unrestored original.  I wish I knew
where it was so Stock Corvair Group could go over it with a fine tooth comb.
But a Corvair you can't drive, even just on and off a trailer is a terrible
waste of a Corvair.   I drive mine and own them for one reason.  The most
fun car to drive I've ever been behind the wheel of.  And I've driven just
about everything domestic worth sitting in.  Only thing worse, in a similar
state, would be a "Bathtub" Packard.

Hank