<VV> Urgent - Ultravan in Arizona needs a Corvair rocker arm in Williams, Flagstaff or Phoenix

Larry Forman larry at forman.net
Tue Nov 4 23:34:07 EST 2014

I am posting this to both the Ultravan and Virtual Vairs mailing lists:

Is there someone with a Corvair rocker arm to help Ultravan #400?

I can provide their cell phone number if you reply to larry at forman.net

They are looking for a Corvair rocker arm in the Williams or Flagstaff
areas hopefully tonight (Tuesday) or in the Phoenix area tomorrow
(Wednesday)

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Larry Forman

On 11/4/2014 6:55 PM, cdj cdj at juno.com [UltraVan] wrote:

> Carl and Fran and UV 400 wer found motoring east from Laughlin, NV
> yesterday but we didn't even know we were lost! We are on a three week
> 3000 mile trip from Sumner, WA to Phoenix, AZ and return. We had a
> major mishap in Crescent City, OR which I will detail in another story
> when we get home but this morning we lost a rocker arm on #5 cylinder.
> We were 20 miles from the Grand Canyon which is close to the middle of
> nowhere.
>
> Pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant/hotel and before I could
> determine the loss of power a couple of guys jump out a jeep with
> cameras and ask if they can take pics of UV because a friend of theirs
> in France has one just like it. I said, you mean Jerome and with a
> shocked look on his face he said yes! We became friends on the spot.
> Turns out that the gentlemen and Jerome are in the same car club in
> France and are good friends. Fabrice is here touring the west coast
> with fellow Frenchmen.
>
> Now my delima. Does any UV Club member know any Corvair owner in
> Williams or Flagstaff with a spare ro ker arm to sell that I can call
> tonight? I am headed to Phoenix tomorrow so that would work to

> .

---