<VV> EZ Car Lift

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Nov 11 11:03:25 EST 2014

Hi Mike - I bought an EZ-Car lift in 2008, at the Ventura Convention.
Boytcho was the designer and builder, and had one on display. Just before that,
I had heard the story of a friend back East who was dropping a motor out of
a  Corvair on jack stands, the car shifted and came down, killing him.
Since that  day, I haven't used jackstands for any powertrain removal, I use my
EZ-Car  lift. The design uses ACME thread concept to drive both sides,
powering up  and powering down. You don't "let" it down, as much as drive it back
down.  The unit is powered by your external electric drill. Bonus for me, I
got to buy  a new HD Milwaukee drill! As someone mentioned, the unit can be
taken  apart, and can actually go in the trunk of a car, or stack in the
back of a  truck. But, while out from under the car it can be rolled around or
flipped  up on it's side and stored against the wall or fence. Importantly
for me, the  unit can be placed out of site so the driveway looks "Better"
(note, I  didn't say "good"). This meets the spouse approval factor,
something the big,  twin-post, concrete mounted lifts do not.  Your spouse may be
more  understanding. I use the unit for extremely simple powertrain removal.
You  lift the car to the height you want so you can go under - the lift is
limited to  about 26 inches of travel. Remove everything but the front and
rear mount nuts,  slide the ATV lift under, drop the car down to meet the
perfect height  to mate with an ATV lift under the power pack, then remove the
nuts and lower  the ATV lift. If you need more room to slide it out, just
raise the car up some  more. It is pretty easy and VERY safe.

Perhaps I should further define an ACME thread (first, not for Wile E.
Coyote!). An Acme thread is the square tip thread you see on lathe shafts, used
 for cutting or threading. The mating female thread cannot spin on the
shaft thread, it relies only the rotation of the thread to move it back and
forth. On the EZ car lift, both sides have threads and are driven up or  down
by the input on one side. It is a novel design. The lift is totally  made in
America. There is something to be said for that. I am happy with mine!
Would I like a nice 4-car garage with a few twin post hoists? Sure. But that is
 not in the cards. This is working great for me.

-Seth Emerson

In a message dated 11/11/2014 4:01:22 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,