<VV> Points "Arm"

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Tue Nov 11 20:54:07 EST 2014

I noticed the part of the point assembly that rubs the distributor shaft is
"nylon" and has "Feathers" on the trailing edge, and that the proper feeler
gauge would not fit between the points without moving the arm. I adjusted the
points and my Vair hums beautifully now. :-)
Is 'nylon" a proper material to use on the points arm?
I noticed in another vair that the arm was steel and there was an oil wet"felt"
pad to lube the shaft/arm surface.

Ralph
69/140/4sp

I've never seen a Steel "cam follower"

 Nylon is fine!  Originally they used Micarta

You need to put some lube on the lobes!!   That's what the felt was for!
Cheap points have no felt... so you need to lube the shaft.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages