<VV> Sunoco Corvair has been sold!

Mike McCrae mmccrae6 at cox.net
Wed Nov 12 12:59:14 EST 2014

I'm sure the Manx is pleased....! :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Norris via VirtualVairs
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 7:54 AM
To: Fastvairs
Cc: Virtualvairs
Subject:  Sunoco Corvair has been sold!

Yep, you read that subject line correctly.

I have sold my Yenko Stinger clone Sunoco Penske/Donohue tribute vintage
Corvair race car.

It came as a shock to me too! Actually, not long after the Savannah Speed
Classic I received an Email inquiry about the car.

Seems this fellow found it online and after reading up on it from my web
site asked if I would consider selling it.

I told him everything I have is for sale; it's just a matter of price. So, I
gave him my "I don't really want to sell it" price, hoping all along he
would say "no thanks" but, to my surprise he said yes! Now what?

After a phone call and some more terms he dropped some earnest money in my
account to show he was serious.

Alas, it is going to the UK as in Jolly Olde England! He is an experienced
vintage racer and wanted something different (no Corvair experience at all)
to play with. Well, he found it.

I have a lot of things to do at his request to make it acceptable to the
rules but, he included the work in the price.

One of the items he wanted with the car was the mini bike. I agreed as it
goes together and I was thinking about selling it anyway.

The price was not in the six figure Yenko Stinger range but is more than I
could get for it here. I would be a fool for not taking advantage of this
deal.

I may not have anything to race this coming year but I am not ready to quit.
I will be in attendance at the Mitty and other races. I will maintain my HSR
driver status and have my race gear bag handy..just in case!

I'll be in the shop until further notice!

Rick Norris

1st CORSA President, 1971

www.corvairalley.com <http://www.corvairalley.com/>

Hurricane WV