<VV> Sunoco and Yellow Limey 'Vairs

James P. Rice ricebugg at comcast.net
Wed Nov 12 23:21:09 EST 2014

Rick:  Sorry to see it go.  Hope it really increased your retirement
portfolio.  'Twas a beautiful car.  We will miss it.  Maybe it will show up
in a Limey car mag at one of their vintage races.

For your next car, let me suggest you use the color scheme of Mark's Sunoco
Lola F5000 car. Equally pretty as the TA Sunoco Camaro colors you used.

I have not seen the video Bob mentions.  But that car/event was a couple
page spread in Thoroughbred & Classic cars some years ago.  It would be an
interesting interview of Haywood about the car.  If I'm ever same place/same
time with Haywood, I'll try and stick a recorder in his face.

I tracked down the cars owner back then thru some contacts in England.  The
smoke Bob referred to was a turbo going bad.  It was a DNS I think. The car
was a '65 and he entered it under FIA rules. Due to how GM submitted the
papers to the FIA, the turbo was required.  See Don Eichstaedt story in June
2014 Communique for his tale at the FIA sanctioned '65 Sebring Sedan race.

I tried to get him to tell the story about how and why he was trying to run
a Corvair over there, but he never did.  I also referred the owner to Warren
LeVeque, but I don't think he followed up.

I don't remember what year Rick's car is.  Hope new owner doesn't get
crosswise with their inspectors or sanctioning body.

Historically Yours,
               James Rice

Message: 3