<VV> Oil pump

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Nov 13 12:52:13 EST 2014

Ken,
Nothing wrong with the oil pump from what you said. Problem is  likely worn
cam bearings. The dash light illuminates at 4-6 psi. Some pres  senders
close at a higher pressure so check that you have the one designed for  our
Corvairs.   I.e., check pressure at which your light comes  on.
Sure, a hi-vol opil pump is the sure cure for this problem. Go  for it. But
be careful in the future not to rev a cold engine too high. Might  consider
also opening the pres valve by-pass hole to accommodate a higher cold  flow.
Regards,
Bob Helt

In a message dated 11/13/2014 10:07:01 A.M. US Mountain Standard Tim,