<VV> fuel pump issue

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Fri Nov 14 00:47:51 EST 2014

Maybe this is an off-the-wall approach-

Since the fuel pump can be disassembled -
How about just putting the lower half in, turning the motor by hand, and
observing the range of travel?
I expect that you'd want the diaphragm to move equal distances from
mid-point.

Then you could juggle pushrods or re-grind if needed to get one that
really worked.

Or, are there reasons that wouldn't work?
Regards
Jay