<VV> 3-Speed Corsa and Spyder as rare as MONO "Sgt Pepper" LP?

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Fri Nov 14 01:54:00 EST 2014

Beside the undesirability factor, I  imagine that another reason for a 3
speed being rare is that it would cause  similar problems (but maybe not quite
as severe) paired with a turbo as a 2  speed automatic would have caused.
Specifically, too much RPM drop between  gears.  I understand that no
factory turbo motors were paired with 2 speed automatics for this reason.  I
suppose the  3 speed would work OK with the 140 Corsa but were any 3 speed
Spyders or turbo  Corsas available from the factory?  If so, any feedback as to
performance?  Was the  3 speed tranny/turbo combination one of the
"standards" that GM disallowed at the factory whether you wanted it or  not?

Doc

In a message dated 11/13/2014 9:48:18 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

Message:  4