<VV> West Coast type Mirrors

Vairtec Corp vairtec at comcast.net
Fri Nov 14 12:36:14 EST 2014

There were several different mirror configurations offered for the
Corvair trucks and vans from the factory, more from the dealers and
aftermarket, and still more that have been installed in the past 50
years.  Many of these have been described as "west coast" mirrors, but
there is only one specific style that was offered by the factory with
that name attached:  The 1964-65 "Junior West Coast" mirrors. It is my
hunch that this is the mirror that you have, but there are lots of
imitations and so I cannot be certain.

For the factory-authorized Junior West Coast mirror, indeed a special
screw was used at the upper mount.  I have some of those screws, and I
have one of the original installation instructions... but nowhere near
where I am now and nowhere near where I am going to be for a few weeks.

In the meantime, send me a photo of the mirror that you have, and I may
be able to provide some guidance.

--Bob