<VV> Brake Upgrade to 63 Monza, (Vairforce One)

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Fri Nov 14 18:36:47 EST 2014

Bryan, it has to do with the assembly.  The piston for the front brakes is
larger than the piston for the rear brakes.  Since the pistons are inserted
from the rear, the rear piston has to go in first as it has to pass through
the front piston bore.

dp

I did some research when I did mine, I can't recall the exact reason but the
connections are flipped - so front cylinder to rear and rear to front.  I
think it has to do with engaging the fronts first under normal conditions,
but don't hold me to that.

One thing to be aware of - if you lose an axle, the pedal will be quite low.
It's not like having normal brakes, but it is better than nothing.  If
you're paying attention and it's a slow leak rather than a catastrophic
failure, you'll notice the pedal get soft just as the reservoir has run
empty but before you really only are using one axle.

--Bryan