<VV> Back up switch

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Nov 18 11:13:10 EST 2014

The "plug" is a 1/2-13 bolt with sealer or o-ring on it. Maybe a 1/2" long.

Sounds like a transmission rail problem, not a switch problem. The plunger
of the switch is pushed by "something" in the transmission that normally
does not do it in first and third. Like Mark says, look at the end of the
switch for damage, then look inside the hole, warning, fluid will be coming
at you!

On the way outside the box thought, try washers to shim the switch and see
if the problem goes away for now.

Oh, unless you want to cut the wires, you have to remove the tunnel cover
and unplug the switch halfway up the tunnel.

Frank DuVal

Original email: