<VV> what puked? -SOLVED!/ gas heater question

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Tue Nov 18 19:02:20 EST 2014

A little while ago, I had the temp gauge in my Spyder dash go haywire.  I wondered if it was the gauge, or thermistor.  Kevin Nash, you are the man!  It seems the problem is a loose wire/crack in the insulation .  I jiggle the wire, it works fine.  Looks like I've got some detective work to do.  As of this morning, with the ambient air temp at 16, the '60 ran at 275 with the cooling ring up and about 300 with it down. (This was while doing 65 up I-99!)
     And the gas heater worked like a million bucks.  Question about that.  Do you have to turn the gas heater off each time you stop the car?  Or can you just let it in the same position since the key turns it off (combustion blower excluded while purging the fumes)  and their is no fuel until started the next time?  As I drive around, I try to mentally follow the progression of things and their results. Pros and Cons? Disadvantages?  Problems?  Any of you "cave car" guys have a '60 owners manual with the operating instructions?  Please lemme know.
Thanx a million in advance.

Randy (Cap'n)Hook
'60 700 4dr '64'110/4spd