<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 118, Issue 51

James P. Rice ricebugg at comcast.net
Tue Nov 18 17:02:10 EST 2014

Joe: IIRC, all of the Phoenix models were signed by John. They did a Fitch
Sprint also in a couple colors.  I tried to get them to do a Yenko Stinger,
but to no avail.  Imagine that!

Again, IIRC, there's been an ad in a recent Communique from the
manufacturer.  You could ask them...

I do not remember what mine cost.  Some things are best unremembered.
VBG!!!  I suspect his minimum was what he/we paid for them.

Speaking of models, I got my Nov flier from Squadron (formally Squadron
Shop) in Texas yesterday.  On last pages they have announced AMT is
reissuing their '69 Corvair (AMT894) for US$27.54 and their 1969 CheZoom
Corvair Funny car (AMY 973) for US$28.49.  The box art shown for the non
funny car has the Fitch roof, alloy rims and head rest depicted.  So it can
be built as a custom.  This kit has been reissued several times, and it is
unknown by me if it can be built totally stock.   I do not remember the
funny car kit at all.  Iis not pictured.  But there were several Corvair
funny cars in the NHRA back in the day, so who knows what is on the inside
of the box.  I'll probably have to get them just to satisfy my
curiosity...and to add to that particular collection of Corvair stuff.  Like
I don't have more than enough!

Historically Yours
              James Rice

Message: 5