<VV> Old Cars Weekly --> 1969 performance issues

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Wed Nov 19 13:43:21 EST 2014

The performance on my #3328 1969 Monza 140 4-speed (in NY) was truly
abominable until I just ripped out the smog equipment, doubling my gas
mileage (from 12 to 20+) and with incredible performance ~

I know this is a very subjective assessment, but the dealer could do nothing
legally, but the results were that I had a car that finally lived up to what
my previous Corsa's expectations!

Without the smog pumps, it was everything I expected, and the performance
impressed a lot of muscle car in "unsanctioned events"!  I was a happy
camper, finally!

There were a lot of minor assembly flaws, like gooped up sealers dripping
over carpet edges, and a warped front deck lid, but I understand that they
just pushed these out the door getting ready to make what came next in that
plant.

BTW, what did they build in that plant after they cleaned out all the unique
Corvair tooling?

Charlie