<VV> starter issue?

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Thu Nov 20 13:16:08 EST 2014

The solenoid is working if the starter motor spins.  You most likely have a faulty roller clutch in the bendix.  #25  http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog.cgi?function=goto&catalog=MAIN&section=MAIN&page=85
Or possibly something wrong with the lever #17.

Joel McGregor

From: VirtualVairs [virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] on behalf of Kinzelman, Andy via VirtualVairs [virtualvairs at corvair.org]
Subject: <VV> starter issue?

Guys,
I am one of the few who drive a Corvair daily as my sole car.  The other night the starter would spin without the solenoid engaging.  It took multiple tries until it finally worked normally.  Since then it has worked normally.

I don't know whether I should put a new solenoid this weekend; or chalk it up to gremlins.  Any opinions?
Thanks,
Andy K.
Wisconsin (brrr)