<VV> starter issue?

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Thu Nov 20 14:09:23 EST 2014

As Joel said--check the lever and other parts that the solenoid activates.  I have had trouble like yours in the past where the two round nubs on the lever (that ride in the Bendix drive collar) were so worn that the gear didn't fully engage the ring gear all the time.  And at least one of those units was on a "rebuilt" starter.

Bob