<VV> EARLY SHROUD FABRIC REPLACEMENT my way

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Fri Nov 21 18:24:43 EST 2014

I bought some  rolls   of the  correct material  years ago , and have made
several sets over the years by using 032 stainless  wire formed into a "U"
over the nose of pliers , and pushed thru redrilled  (.033) holes. this
method looks very good on top , underneath you can see where  I twisted and cut
off  the wires.  I almost ended up with a machine  similar to the factory one
at a GE auction once, but the price went stupid  high.
 I have to do  at least 2  more sets to do this  winter.  Not my favorite
job!
   Cotrofeld's have the correct stuff in large rolls only , not  cheap ,
but very nice stuff!  enough to do several motors.
   I have been too cheap to powder coat most of them , just a  coat of
#1634 duplicolor engine paint (the 500 degree semi  gloss stuff).   Looks good ,
holds up good.
  Regards, Tim Colson