<VV> FAN BELT

James Weppelman jweppel at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 23 12:25:11 EST 2014

Yinz guys,
I had the same thing happen to me earlier in the year. Car got hot,(pinging, smell, etc) gen light never came on. Pulled over in the dark and opened hood.Belt was broke. So i go back in the car to retrieve my spare belt and tools and I hear this static? whirling? sound.I thought the radio was on a bad channel. Couldn't figure it out.This went on for about 2-3 minutes before I headed back out to the belt issue. I started on loosing the bolts on fan bracket and looked over and that gen pulley was still moving at a pretty good clip! Stopped it with the screwdriver and that was the noise. Wow.
Jim Weppelman
Pittsburgh.
1961 lakewood
1962 rusted out wagon(need parts?)