<VV> Steering column replacement on a late model.

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Nov 24 00:08:39 EST 2014

Like all 1964 Corvair cars, the early 65 had a long shaft from inside the
steering box all the way to the steering wheel. (Exception, Tele-column
option)  The late 65s, and all 66s, had a stamped steel coupler, about 2 inches
in  diameter about a foot up from the box, clamping onto the splined shaft
out  of the box. On the early 65s, the tele wheel had the two-bolt cast
adapter to  join the two splines ends. (A bit like the 60-63 models) The tele
wheel  column in the 66-style attached exactly the same way as the non-tele
option. The changeover was about May of 1965.

In a message dated 11/23/2014 7:14:22 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,