<VV> Recognizing those who have contributead much to the Corvair hobby.

paulsiano at yahoo.com paulsiano at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 17:41:45 EST 2014

It seems to me that as the graying of our Corvair family becomes more and more apparent, when a member dies who has given much to our Corvair community, there is a heartfelt sense of loss and and an appreciation for all of the contributions that member had made. The feeling of loss is not only for them and their family personally but also includes a sense of a diminished Corvair future for those who remain.
All of the kind words for those who have given so much to us over the years will never be heard by those who have passed on.  Wouldn't it be better if the kind words could be said while they are still with us?
Most of us have been around Corvairs for decades and we all know of individuals who gave/give  so that others would be helped with answers to all sorts of questions be they mechanical, organizational, or information of one sort or another.
Let's thank them before the inevitable happens.

After a bit of thought all of us could identify five? (ten?) persons that have given so much of themselves over the years so that we continued to enjoy our cars.  A tally could be kept and those with the most votes could be recognized and know their contributions were really appreciated.  Call it a Hall of Fame, an Honor Roll, a Certificate of Recognition, or something else, but the recognition might really be appreciated by those who unselfishly gave of themselves.

Is there any interest out there for this kind of endeavor?
Might this be a topic for discussion at the national committee level?
I don't know how to make it happen but it seems like a good idea to me,

Just my thoughts.
Paul Siano