<VV> Modern Radio`s in a Corvair :

Rick Sanford rsanford at werres.com
Mon Nov 24 16:23:26 EST 2014

I have a 65 Corsa Coupe and this is what I did. There are companies like Retro Radio Restorations in Elizabethtown, Pa. that took my Factory AM/FM (they can do this with a AM also, the can make your stock AM into AM/FM stereo or mono) and put new Technology AM/FM Stereo (he can do Mono also) inter workings in the radio. I then installed both Front and Rear (my car has a factory rear speaker)highly up graded 6" x 9" speakers in there Stock positions.  You have to find a Speaker that will fit in the stock Speaker area in the rear and modify the front bracket to accept the new speaker.   Radio also has plugs in the back for XM or a IPOD.   Result is I have a great sounding Radio with AM/FM Stereo and XM (the XM controls are in the Glove Box)a dash board that looks box stock, to the point of winning a Senior at the Sturbridge Convention.  Everyone who gets in the car goes nuts about how great the radio sounds, then they flip when they find I have XM also and everything looks factory stock.

Rick Sanford
Werres Corp.
800-638-6563x236 office
301-748-4441 cell