<VV> modern radios in Corvairs

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 00:34:25 EST 2014

                                                                                                                    B"H
I had a non-working factory radio in my 66 Monza.  I removed it, cut the dial out and epoxied it to the faceplate.  I then attached the knobs with screws and washers to the faceplate.
I bent the tabs down that are used to hold the original radio shafts in place and installed an aftermarket stereo with Bluetooth, CD, AM/FM, etc.  After it was installed, I fixed small hinges to the bottom of the faceplate and attached them to the dash as well.  The faceplate is held in place on top with a line of small magnets that pull toward the metal dash.
Since the faceplate is clear, the green display of the stereo can be seen through it, giving it a nice look.  When it's closed, the radio looks completely stock.
The hardest part was cutting the faceplate out of the original radio.  I plan to add "buttons" to the lower part of the faceplate when I have time, G-d willing.
To return the radio to stock, I can unbend the shaft tabs and reinstall a factory radio.
It's crude but it does the trick...Bill Hershkowitz 66 Monza Sport Sedan 110/PG/Factory A/C

Photos/Videos of Corvair - Bill Hershkowitz | Facebook

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Photos/Videos of Corvair - Bill Hershkowitz | FacebookBill Hershkowitz posted this photo on 2014-11-06. 10 likes. 2 comments. 0 shares. |
|  |
| View on www.facebook.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Photos/Videos of Corvair - Bill Hershkowitz | Facebook

|   |
| Photos/Videos of Corvair - Bill Hershkowitz | FacebookBill Hershkowitz posted this photo on 2014-11-06. 1 likes. 0 comments. 0 shares. |
|  |