<VV> modern radios in Corvairs

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Mon Nov 24 18:50:08 EST 2014

On 11/24/2014 8:28 AM, Ken Clark via VirtualVairs wrote:
> About when did the "newer" type speakers appear?  I have a '61 and a '65 I'm about to put newer radios in and would be nice to know if that is true, however neither car has original speakers anymore.  Not sure many of them last that long.
> Ken

you can be sure that most of them don't last that long...

Since the older speakers had a higher impedance, that means that the
older speakers wouldn't be as loud as you might like.
I doubt it would hurt the radio, though.

cheers
Jay

--
Jay Maechtlen SoCal '61 2-dr modified w/fiberglass skin, transverse 3.8
Buick V6 TH440T4 trans

---