<VV> 50th celebration of Corvair introduction.

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Oct 2 09:51:11 EDT 2014

On Oct 2, 2014, at 6:37 AM, John Gull via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

> Hope everyone has a chance to drive their Vairs today in honor of intro of
> the 65 model year. I will be joining that party after a 3 year hiatus .Does
> anyone know the specific date for my 65 vin # w105066 Thanks and best wishes
> on this joyous day. John Gull in scenic Asheville NC

Hi John,

On the Fisher body tag, upper left corner, is the build week.  Looks like yours is early in the build year, I'd guess October '64?  You can also see the engine build date, it would precede the car by a couple or three weeks.  I don't think anyone has it mapped down to the day, but I could well be wrong.

I'll take one of the Corvairs (that runs) out to baseball practice today.  Now I just need to pick up some hot dogs and apple pie :-)

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell | Springfield, Va. | bryan at skiblack.com | http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
 Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
 '69 Road Runner, '99 Neon R/T, '00 Miata SE, '09 Ford F-150