<VV> Installation of engine pistons

Jerry Brown air_cooled63 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 14:46:16 EDT 2014

Through the years I have had several persons tell me that when installing the pistons and rod to the crankshaft that it didn't matter if the piston didn't face the fly wheel because each rod had it own journal  to ride on and didn't share a journal like some Chevy straight 6 cylinders.  I know in the tech manual that it says the notch should face the flywheel.  Is there something in the mathematics that the rod number should be up and the notch facing the flywheel? I know some of you engine Gurus can help me on this so I can be sure if the these people telling me it's ok to install a piston backwards.   I have always followed the tech manuals instructions.  Jerry Brown