<VV> Flare nut wrench size

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Tue Sep 2 19:32:46 EDT 2014

No flare nut wrench needed for the filter nut.  If I remember right it is a
one inch fitting and can tightened with a twelve point box wrench. When
tightening or loosening the flare nut around the fuel line that goes into
the filter nut you will need a 7/16 flare nut wrench.  The only other flare
nut on a Corvair is at the adapter on the mechanical fuel pump which is 1/2
inch.  I have a 3/8-7/16 and a 1/2-9/16 flare nut wrench.  A 7/16-1/2" flare
nut wrench would be perfect for a Corvair mechanic.

dp