<VV> Flare nut wrench size

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Sep 2 19:43:14 EDT 2014

I read Dennis' reply. Basically, Tom, to get to the filter, you will have
to remove the big nut. But to remove the big nut, the fuel line must be
removed,  and pulled back. And that fuel line should be backed off first, to
preserve  the integrity of the fuel lines On a 140 motor, both the primary and
secondary fuel lines must be removed from the big nuts, to replace either
filter. (Unless you want to start disassembling lots of tubes and fittings.)
The  big nut is best held in place by a large "Crescent" wrench, while the
flare-nut wrench - Dennis mentions a 7/16" - loosens and retreats the SAE
inverted flare nut, mounted on the fuel line. Then you can use the large
Crescent wrench to remove the big nut. Reverse order to install. Tighten that
big nut first tight but carefully into the Carb body before inserting the
line  nut. On a 140 start both line nuts into the large nuts before
tightening down  either one. - Seth

In a message dated 9/2/2014 2:37:44 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,