<VV> Restoration advice needed

Dale K Dewald d66dewald at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 12:47:30 EDT 2014

Hello and welcome John,

This might apply more to folks just starting a restoration project, but
in this day and age, documentation is */so/* important. Before starting
starting on any body work it is essential to get photos, photos, and
more photos of what originally exists--good, bad and ugly.  Then try to
get more photos yourself, or get the shop doing the work take photos of
every step of the restoration.  If you are paying someone to do the work
and they resist, you might want to reconsider the work they do.

I have seen some people (self included) pay good money for some really
shoddy work that was expertly covered up.  I have also seen people spend
what seems like too much on a car that was, in reality, a huge bargain,
because the seller had documentation of excellent repair work that had
cost thousands more that what they were able to recover in the sale.  I
have also seen sellers lose thousands because they did not have
documentation to show the time, money, effort and quality invested in a
project and were therefore passed up by buyers simply exercising/caveat
emptor/.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI