<VV> EM Wheel and tire options

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sun Sep 7 20:05:04 EDT 2014

Hi Mark,

On Sep 4, 2014, at 10:58 AM, MarK Durham via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

> So my question is, I read somewhere where a 15 x 7 will fit the EM, but
> that is stretching it a bit. If so, who has experience with these larger
> wheels and what backspace did they use?

I had a set of 15x7 XXR's on our wagon, I'd say they're about the biggest ones that would fit.  4.75" backspace, offset inboard 15mm was how they were listed.  Intended use was a Toyota AE86 Corolla.  I am pretty certain that a 15 x 7 with 4" bs will not fit.  The 6" wide Datsun wheels I have now are backspaced about 4" and work ok.  Don't forget that tire size matters too.

One thing I've run into is some rub when the car is heavily loaded, but one of my friends with stock wheels and 185/80-13s has the same issue.  Sooner or later I'll roll the fenders which should cure that.

More wheel info at http://autoxer.skiblack.com/tires.html, photos at http://autoxer.skiblack.com/wheelpics.html

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell | Springfield, Va. | bryan at skiblack.com | http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
  '69 Road Runner, '99 Neon R/T, '00 Miata SE, '09 Ford F-150