<VV> Thermister Swap?

Jim Simpson simpsonj at verizon.net
Mon Sep 8 12:12:21 EDT 2014

No debate that there are much higher quality temperature sensor systems
(gauge & probe) than the stock GM ones.  If I were doing bench testing of
engine designs or perhaps racing, I'd look at a new system.  But I'm
looking for a "stock" solution if possible.  That is, use the GM gauge and
find a substitute for the original AC thermistors.

I don't think the AC thermistor uses a nichrome wire; I think they used a
metal-oxide ceramic more typical of a standard thermistor.  If nothing
else, they didn't need the fast response that a air mass sensor provides
for your EFI system.

Jim Simpson
Group Corvair