<VV> Thermister Swap?

Jim Simpson simpsonj at verizon.net
Mon Sep 8 12:43:20 EDT 2014

Seth, I agree that having more samples of the AC thermistor would be
great.  I did get an offer of a few used ones to check and may give a try.

The issue is a high temperature oil bath; I'd want to use silicone oil (Dow
Corning 550 seems like a good fluid).  I'd hate to have an oil fire at the
high end of the temperature run.

Does anyone in VV have access to a high temp oil bath?  Something that
would go to 500 0r 550 F?

I agree that the "as installed" data would be good as well.  In other
words, how does that common poor grounding of the Corsa instrument panel
affect things.  As I noted in another reply, the gauge seems to be pretty
much immune from supply voltage fluctuations.  But the gauge is really a
current meter, so if the ground or supply lines are badly corroded and
limit the supply current, all bets are off.

My tests were on a bench with direct connections to the power supply and
instruments.

Jim Simpson
Group Corvair