<VV> Valve Rattle/Tapping :

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 23:51:18 EDT 2014

Rick, what type of oil is being used? When the mechanic went in and
readjusted, had the nuts backed off? And, if its been good all summer and
is doing it again, how many are rattling? My car did this and I had three
flat getting flatter cam lobes.
If all is good in the cam/lifter department, I might think the rocker arm
studs may have worn threads so the nuts cannot lock as well as they should.
To know if this is the problem, you would have to verify the cam and or
lifters aren't going bad, because wear in the system will show itself in
the same fashion as a loosening rocker nut, tapping lifters. .

Mark Durham
Hauser, Idaho
62 Monza coupe Red/Red 4 speed