<VV> aging

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Sat Sep 13 01:04:19 EDT 2014

Someone was commenting to me recently that he hadn't gotten that much
done, cause 'life keeps getting in the way'.
I told him 'that's the good news! May it continue doing so!'

I have a friend in early 70's, and he's slowing down. He still races his
Austin Mini, but went to a slightly smaller motor so he can race in D
instead of C production. (I think those are the classes)
And he sold his Norton, etc. Conserving energy a bit.
I'm turning 64 entirely too soon. And I'm wishing a tiny bit that I'd
figured out a way to go with 5-speed or 6-speed stick for my
supercharged 3800.
But I don't want to spend the money. I guess I could do that later, if I
really want.

Anyway, to all you guys still campaigning after all these years - Salud!

Jay Maechtlen SoCal '61 2-dr modified w/fiberglass skin, transverse 3.8
Buick V6 TH440T4 trans

---