<VV> EM Full Suspension Rebuild - sort of humor - with a serious side

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 13 00:42:19 EDT 2014

Hi Mark,

Hopefully Richard will not mind me responding on VV to a message that he sent privately.

Here is my response:

BEGIN PASTE:

Both of my vairs are 4spd.  I'm about 3 wks shy of 72.  I enjoy stick shift.
If I come to the point of having to give that up, I just might decide to
sell them.

Right now, I'm debating whether or not to have the convertible repainted.
So, as you see, I'm in no hurry to get old!

Later, JR

END PASTE

Mark, I think that I understand your situation.  I know others who have been there and the reason why I said in the subject line that this topic (the reverse actually - going from 4 to PG) has a serious side.

So, when the time comes (as it has for some) that you need a hip or knee replacement, there IS a Corvair solution!

I was a F guy before I was a C guy.  But, that was 30's Fs.  Kids came along and I was out of cars for a long while.  When all 4 kids were launched I was back in and it was Corvairs.  If it were a T Bird, I would not want one of those luxury barges.  I'd look for a '55 - '57.  Since I don't have that kind of $$, that won't happen!

Later, JR