<VV> Spyder Wiring

RAMBLERPAT at aol.com RAMBLERPAT at aol.com
Sat Sep 13 12:21:14 EDT 2014

To all, where could I find a complete instrument panel & body wiring
(engine comp too) diagrams for a 64 Spyder Coupe? the 64 factory shop manual
supplement does not have any Spyder specific diagrams.

Problem: I have an open female connector (hot) under the IP with B/LG  and
BRN wires that has very little slack, it comes from the main  harness, and
is hanging close to the heater control panel and  near the radio. It is also
long enough to reach the back of the ignition  switch (to give you an idea)
which is already operable. Even more  puzzling, the mystery connector will
not reach the radio nor is it the  right style (two wires & female).
Currently, the radio is not connected to a  power source because I can't find the
connector (multi wire male) anywhere, but  the radio looks correct to the car.
Could my Spyder actually be a  radio delete car? what is the mystery
connector? None of the wiring look  modified or tampered with.

Regards,

Patrick Laus
1964 Spyder Coupe
Metro Detroit