<VV> Belt Tensioner Tool

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 19:58:43 EDT 2014

Steven, I just use a 9/16" open end/box end wrench. You want the alternator
fan to just barely turn with the belt tightened. Just loosen both nuts till
the idler can be moved, pull back on the idler pulley with a couple of
fingers and tighten the nuts, then check to see if you can barely move pull
the alternator fan. Readjust as necessary. It can be a bit tighter but that
can shorten bearing life.

Mark Durham
Hauser, Idaho
62 Monza coupe Red/Red 4 speed