<VV> Fan belt tension

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 22 11:56:58 EDT 2014

This topic started off with the original tool by GM for their dealers to set belt tension, then went onto accessing the original fasteners for the idler pulley and the homemade tools created (because not everyone wants to remove the distributor caps for access), then onto installing longer nuts for access (my favorite), and then onto speed shifting on our generator equipped under powered Corvairs. I still like the Otto parts belts. How about you guys? What are your favorite fan belts to use?
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301