<VV> Fan belt tension

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 13:28:43 EDT 2014

I have a Otto wrapped that has on occasion rolled. It has never come off,
however, its in the trunk as a spare. My favorite is the Dayco Top Cog
15560. It sits in the grooves lower and with the Underground idler it seems
to work great.

I always keep a spare belt in the trunk, but never, in over 230K Corvair
miles, have I had to replace a belt on the road. I have had generator
mounts break, harmonic balancers come apart, and so on, but the belts have
always stayed on until something else happens first.

Oh, and I used to power shift my old 62 car with generator.

Mark Durham
Hauser, Idaho
62 Monza coupe Red/Red 4 speed