<VV> Ignition weirdness

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 10:30:33 EDT 2014

Guys, Guys, we are straying from the problm stated here by Jeff. He needsto
manage the high voltage before moving on to other supposed issues.

Jeff, get your voltage under control. The best bet is to get that voltage
down so that 6 volt coil can do its job. If that yellow wire has 11-12
volts on it rather than the 8-9 then there is no resistance wire in the
circuit, so you need to step down that voltage. Disconnect the wire from
the coil to test it, better than having the points in the circuit messing
up your readings. The easiest is to simply add the resistor like I did in
the picture.  I found one at NAPA for a 64 and they are cheap, and
installed per the picture. Once your votage settles down, the coil can
operate as designed and you won't be burning points up either.

While you can get a 12 volt coil, frankly my system runs better on the 6
volt one. Its lasted three years, the high capacity 12 volt coils rarely
lasted a season and have left me stranded.

Then if a problem still exists, you can head down other rabbit trails unil
you find that.

Keep us posted!  :):)
 Mark Durham
Hauser, Idaho