<VV> '65 3-speed is non-synchro, but '66-'69 is synchro?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Apr 8 22:56:05 EDT 2015

Stand Tall Sir! This is one of those trivia questions to win bar bets.
"What changes happened in 1966 for Chevrolet cars, option wise?

Outside rear view mirror standard.
Three speed transmission had synchro first.
Back up lamps were standard.

This is actually a GM change, not Corvair change that year.

Not that I know many Olds/Pontiac/Buick three speeds of 1965 (my 70
Estate Wagon is 3 speed, all three synchronized), but all across the
Chevrolet line the 1965 three speeds were non synchro first and for
1966, all were synchro first. I've owned/driven many Chevrolet three
speeds from the 62 to 66 era. This covers Corvair, Chevelle, Chevy II,
Nova, Biscayne, Bel Air, Impala (never drove a Caprice with a three speed).

Frank DuVal