<VV> Tire in the engine bay

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Fri Apr 10 01:58:38 EDT 2015

On 4/7/2015 10:19 PM, Ron Hinz via VirtualVairs wrote:
> The answer is "Yes".  I have found the spare almost disintegrated
> after a few years.  It only gets hot right after you shut down but
> then it can get very hot.
> RonH
Or, if you can find a worn tire with decent carcass, use it for the
spare. As long as it holds air and will get you a few hundred miles, it
would be good enough.
Of course it won't handle and stop the same as a good tire - so what? If
you're running a spare, you can take it easy for a ways until you get a
good replacement.
--
Jay Maechtlen
SoCal