<VV> Other Vehicles With The Same Gear Lube Requirements

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Apr 18 17:45:53 EDT 2015

The newer Corvettes - Meaning C5/C6 and C7 use a transaxle, but the trans
and the diff do not share fluid. All of those now have a spec callout of a
GM  Part Number. Different ones for the diff and the trans. All of those
manual transmissions, as well as the non-transaxle versions, like in the
Camaro - at least since 1993, use a modified ATF fluid, not a GL4 or 5. The
diffs use a gear lube, then they add a small bit of an additive to make it work
well with the standard Posi. For your Corvair, look for a good GL4 - walk
away  if the package mentions GL5 (Unless it says "Won't meet GL5"!) and
then forget about it. - Seth

In a message dated 4/18/2015 1:27:33 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,