<VV> Early Model Body Manual Question

Bill Hubbell whubbell at verizon.net
Tue Apr 21 11:06:30 EDT 2015

No, not the Assembly Manual - that was for Chevrolet only.  The bodies were assembled by Fisher Body, not by Chevrolet, so the Chevrolet Assembly Manuals do not detail any body assembly.  It would be great to have Fisher Body assembly manuals for the Corvair line, but to the best of my knowledge they either never existed or were never preserved.

The best we can do is to use the Factory Shop Manuals (60, 61) and supplements (62-63, 64) for the early models, and the Fisher Body Manual for 65-69.

Bill Hubbell