<VV> Turbo Exhaust Housing Question

Nick R nraeber at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 17:24:17 EDT 2015

I am reassembling my 150 turbo. One of the first steps is to inspect the
exhaust housing for pitting or cracks or problems with the threaded areas.
The inner contour of the one I am using has the tongue intact, but the
inner contour looks a little rough or pitted, kind of flaky in appearance.
See the photos that I have attached.

My question is this. Does this exhaust housing look acceptable for street
use, not for racing. I am guessing that the pitting might cause diminished
boost pressure due to a larger tolerance of fit. I am not concerned with
making maximum power, I just want it to work similarly to the way it would
have worked when the car was new. What do the more experienced turbo guys
have to say about it?