<VV> Backup Light Sensor

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 1 20:23:27 EDT 2015

The backup light sensor on my '64 4-speed seems to be stuck 'in' and keeps thelights on all the time.  Upon further inspection the plunger appears to be stuck;I can pull it 'out' with a pair of needle-nose pliers, but it doesn't functionnormally.  It's a repro and only about 4 yrs old, however 2 of those years sawthe vehicle in storage.
Is there something I can do to revive this unit or should I purchase another one?
Thanks for your help. Byron Comp'64 Monza Vert