<VV> Starter Mystery

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 11:10:07 EDT 2015

The Wiki article current version vs. an old edit highlights the difference.
Current version says:
"The Bendix system places the starter drive pinion on a helical drive
spring. When the starter motor begins turning, the inertia of the drive
pinion assembly causes it to wind the spring forcing the length of the
spring to change and engage with the ring gear."