<VV> OBT Custom's '62 project

Jim Davis jld at wk.net
Mon Aug 10 16:22:24 EDT 2015

Totally agree on the engine.   With a 164 cuin engine @ 4,000 rpm and a
Ve of 0.84, the engine needs 160 cfm of fuel/air.  Stock carbs flow 86.5
cfm @ 1.5 inch Hg or 173 cfm for two or 346 cfm for four.   I had an
OT-10 cam in a 166 cuin Corvair engine with 140 pocket ported heads and
headers, behind a PowerGlide.  The engine ran out of breath at 4,300
rpm. Good torque from 1,800 to 3,000 rpm.   Chassis dyno showed 76 hp @
3,600.
With 215/45-17 tires  and a 3.89 rear gear, you will get 3,470 rpm at 60
mph.
Jim Davis